Tis’ the season to be festive, and you can’t be festive without some festive style cocktails. We’ve rounded up 8 of the very best Christmas Cocktails, so that you can impress your dinner guests this season…
Festive Style Cocktails
1. Vegan Eggnog
- 25g pitted dates
- 25g cashew nuts
- 25g dried apricots
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- 100ml brandy
- 1 vanilla pod seeds
- 1l almond milk
- Soak the dates, cashews, apricots and spices in brandy overnight
- In the morning, tip the mixture into a blender, adding the vanilla seeds and almond milk. Blitz mixture until smooth, and pour into tall glasses. You can also add nutmeg and ice to serve.
2. Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 parts rum (extra points if you use BBR)
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves (optional)
- ¼ part butter
- Cinnamon stick to garnish
- Melt the butter, sugar and cloves in a pan over low heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the rum, stirring well. Using a sieve, pour the mixture into a mug or glass and top with hot water. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
3. Christmas Rum Punch
- 1 bottle rum (extra points if you use BBR)
- 6 oranges, cloves
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2l sweet apple cider
- Bake oranges until soft
- Place the oranges in a bowl and add rum and sugar. Set fire to the rum and slowly add the cider to extinguish the flames. Stir in cinnamon and keep the mixture hot.
4. Apple Smoked Old Fashioned
- 50ml Burning Barn Smoked Rum
- 15ml Apple Cinnamon Moonshine
- Drop of Fresh Apple Juice
- 10ml Sugar Syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients in a glass and stir well until combined.
5. Hot Toddy
- 1 ½ parts Whisky
- ⅓ part Honey syrup
- 3 parts hot water
- 3 dried cloves per glass
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cinnamon sticks - to garnish each glass
- Combine the whisky, honey syrup, hot water and cloves in a glass and stir gently until combined.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, remove the cloves, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
6. Mulled Wine
- 750ml red wine
- 1 sliced clementine
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 dried figs
- 3 black peppercorns
- 50ml brandy
- Pour the red wine into a large saucepan, adding the clementine, cinnamon, star anise, figs, and peppercorns. Heat until simmering.
- Take the spices and peppercorns out of the mixture, and stir in the brandy. Pour into glasses or mugs to serve.
7. Bonus - Orange and Cranberry Spritz Mocktail
Of course, not everybody drinks alcohol. So, if you are one of those people then this one’s for you:
- 500ml Orange Juice
- 400ml Sparkling Elderflower
- 500ml Cranberry Juice
- Mix together the orange and cranberry juice.
- Slowly pour in the elderflower drink and serve with ice
Whether your prefer wine, rum or whiskey, there are cocktails out there for everyone. Let us know if you try any of the above cocktails, by tagging us on Instagram @burningbarnrum